Friday, March 1, 2013

Chain Collar DIY

Hey guys! I have another awesome DIY... this time it's brought to you by my very lovely and talented friend Lesley  Forrester. I met Lesley in College.... we both attended a small Art and Design school in Columbus, Ohio and ran around in similar crowds. I saw this DIY on Lesley's Instagram and almost fell out of my chair. (by the way her Instagram images are tre' cool) I contacted her right away and asked to borrow her idea for my very own bloggy. Did I mention Lesley is gorgeous?


So the directions are pretty basic. Lesley used her boyfriends shirt and cut out the collar leaving the button on the front part. You can use any collared shirt you can find.... your local thrift store would be a good bet. You might even be able to find other kinds and styles of collars.


So after the collar have been cut... next you want to take whatever type of chain you would like
 (small, fat, gold or silver) and sew it to the rim or edge of the collar with the same collar thread as the shirt.
Or you can get crazy and use a contrasting thread color. Feel free to be creative. A plaid collar would look adorable with a little delicate string of pearls attached to the rim. You can get chain at your local craft store.


I love how Lesley has layered a necklace underneath. Checkout "How to Layer necklaces like a Pro".
Lesley is not only a crafty chic but the girl also has a knack for makeup. Check her out on
LesleyKat NYC's channel to get a glimpse of her awesome tutorials!


Can't get enough Lesley? Check out Lesleykat On The Cusp on Tumblr.


I want to give a special thanks to Lesley for letting me borrow her DIY and images .... this post would not be as beautiful without her pretty face!!! Who knows maybe we will see Lesley featured here again in the future..... wink wink.